Marine Terminal Subcommittee: PIT 360/Forklift Safety Program
The SMIA Safety Committee's Marine Terminal Subcommittee is excited to share its new project with fellow Signal Mutual Members.
The objective of the Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) program is to provide the fundamentals for the operation, use, and maintenance of PIT’s. This program applies to mobile, power-driven PIT used to carry, push, pull, lift, stack, or tier material. Maritime PITs may include fork PITs, container top handlers, container reach stackers, side handlers, front-end loaders, excavators, combination vacuum lifts, sweepers, yard tractors, and other specialized equipment. The policies and procedures in this program are to be used to control the hazards employed with material handling activities throughout the workplace.
- Comprehensive Approach to Powered Industrial Truck Safety
- Enclosure 1 JHA Instructions
- Enclosure 1 JHA Example A
- Enclosure 1 JHA Example B
- Enclosure 1 JHA Template
- PIT Enclosure 2 Classroom Test
- PIT Enclosure 3 Hands On Test
- PIT Enclosure 4 Refresher Documentation
- PIT Enclosure 5 General Operating Rules
- Enclosure 6 PIT Pre Shift Meeting Materials
- Pit Enclosure 7A Pre Op Checklist Gas LPG Diesel
- PIT Enclosure 7B Pre Op Checklist Electric
- PIT Enclosure 8 Maintenance Repair Inspection
- PIT Enclosure 9 Implementation Guidance
- PIT Enclosure 10 Annual Review
Other News StoriesOperational Alert: Heat Stress 01 Jun 2023 Operational Alert’s, inform Signal Mutual Members of serious incidents or a significant near-miss within the Mutual.
New Focus on Safety: Chain Hoist Safety Inspection & Use 15 May 2023 The SMIA Safety Committee and Signal Safety Team have created a library of topics for Safety Meetings, or Toolbox Talks called Focus on Safety
New Focus on Safety: Electric And Hybrid Vehicle Emergency Guidance 13 Apr 2023 The SMIA Safety Committee and Signal Safety Team have created a library of topics for Safety Meetings, or Toolbox Talks called Focus on Safety
Operational Alert: Abrasive Blasting Injury 07 Apr 2023 Operational Alert’s, inform Signal Mutual Members of serious incidents or a significant near-miss within the Mutual.